Until recent years, few U.S. citizens have been able to experience Cuba travel. But under a licensed granted by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, Tauck has been providing People-to-People educational exchange Cuba tours since 2012. Meet face-to-face with local residents from different professions, share thoughts, gain knowledge, and connect with Cuba’s cultural heritage on our 7-day, Havana-based Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture. Around key themes of Cuban culture and the arts, history, architecture, entrepreneurism, agriculture, baseball and more, travelers interact directly with the people of Cuba. Meet Cuban students, teachers, architects, artisans, dancers, musicians, coaches and ballplayers… learn about Ernest Hemingway’s Cuba… discuss art and private enterprise at the studios of community artists… visit with agricultural workers to talk about agrarian reform and organic farming… interact with members of community and charitable organizations about their work… learn about Cuban cultural traditions… have meals at paladares (small, privately operated Cuban restaurants)… and connect with Cuba on Tauck's cultural exchange.
Traveling Well Includes:
- All hotel accommodations – 1 night in Miami at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and 5 nights in Havana at the Meliá Habana
- Flights between Miami and Havana
- Tauck’s “Leave Your Worries at Home” service, with all day-to-day travel details taken care of for you
- Escorted travel from the moment your People-to-People trip begins in Miami, accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English & Spanish
- Five days of “People-to-People” educational exchange in Havana, Finca Vigia, Viñales and Pinar del Rio
- Discussions with representatives from Cuban community and arts organizations, educational institutions and museums, community art projects, architectural preservation organizations, tobacco and cigar production facilities, baseball organizations and more
- Exclusive Tauck Experiences fostering meaningful cultural connections with Cuban families, artists, musicians, students, educators, agricultural workers, artisans, entrepreneurs, community leaders, baseball coaches and players and others
- All ground transportation
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- All meals – 17 (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners), including authentic Cuban cuisine at local restaurants and private paladares throughout your trip
- All gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides and drivers, hotel and restaurant staff; all taxes, admission fees, porterage and departure tax
- Pricing starts at $6390 per person land only and a passport and visa are required.
- Tour prices are land only. All tour specials are subject to availability and rates are subject to change. Travel insurance is highly recommended. Not responsible for publishing/printing errors. Additional taxes, surcharges, and luggage fees may apply. Air is additional.
Begin your Cuba travel in Miami
Tauck’s Cuba travel experience begins at 4:00 PM at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Travelers flying to Miami should plan to arrive at Miami International Airport by 2:00 PM, and take a Yellow Taxi from the airport to the Hyatt...
Bienvenidos a La Habana
After an early breakfast, your Cuba travel begins as your group boards an included flight from Miami to Havana’s José Martí International Airport, where your local Cuban guide greets you. Drive from the airport to your home for...
Historic Havana and the arts
Begin today’s People-to-People exchange at Habana Compás, a thriving Havana dance and cultural performance group; talk with company members about their mission, and watch a demonstration of music, dance or art. After lunch at a paladar,...
Cuban baseball, crafts and more
Today's People-to-People exchange in Havana begins a close-up look at a cultural passion shared by Cubans and Americans alike – the sport of baseball! After a morning discussion about baseball in Cuba with a highly regarded Cuban ballplayer at...
Cuban agriculture in the Viñales Valley
Managing Cuba’s land, water and other natural resources more effectively through agrarian reform, conservation, entrepreneurship and other initiatives is the focus of our People-to-People Cuba travel activities today. Travel outside Havana and...
Colón Cemetery, Hemingway & Centro Habana
With Cuba’s origins as a Spanish colony rooted in Catholic traditions, religion has played an important role in its society – as you’ll see on a walk with a local historian through Havana’s Colón Cemetery, one of the...
After breakfast, transfer from the Meliá Habana to Havana’s José Martí International Airport for your included return flight to Miami. Tauck’s Cuba travel program of educational exchange ends at Miami International...